Renters Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Renters Insurance Information
With renters insurance, you will be able to replace what is damaged or stolen.
Renters insurance covers your personal items against damage caused by fire or smoke. Our agency offers replacement value for your contents which means there is no deduction for depreciation. The insurance company will give you the full value for brand new items if you need to file a claim.
However, renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.Mooney Insurance Brokers offers lots of optional coverages that we can add to your renters insurance to make it fit your custom needs.
> Identity Theft Restoration
- Optional coverage in the event that someone steals your identity. This is the fastest growing claim type in the US.
> Water / Sewer backup
- If you live in an apartment building this is a must-have because all of the water and sewer lines are shared. This means that someone else's mistake can cost you.
> Valuable Articles
- If you own jewelry or other items valued at over $1000, it's always a good idea to make sure they are scheduled on your renters policy.
> Business Property
- A normal renters policy provides very limited coverage for any items related to work. We can always increase that amount if needed.
> Specialty Electronics
- If you own high end computers or sound systems you have the option to increase this coverage to make sure your items are properly covered.If your residence is uninhabitable because of a covered claim, your additional living expenses would pay for you to find alternate housing.
If you can't live in your apartment due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disaster, your renters will pay the reasonable additional costs of temporarily living away from your home. It can cover dry cleaning expenses, temporary rentals, restaurant meals, and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. Some of our clients have been relocated to furnished suites to accommodate lengthy stays. This coverage is probably the most important one that you will find on a renters policy because it allows you to resume your normal living activities.
Renters insurance also covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member or your pet and pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court.How much coverage do you need?
It's hard to put a number on the total value of your items, but take some time to do a quick inventory of your items to ensure that you have the proper coverage. In the event of a claim, you will thank us for our recommendation because it makes replacement so much easier. For big ticket items like a flat-screen TV - try and record serial numbers and always be sure to hold onto receipts to document your items. If yo have the time, take pictures or video and store them off premises to make sure they are secure.
If you need help trying to figure out how much coverage you need --- just click HERE
. The Insurance Information Institute ( III ) makes it easy for tenants.Doesn't the landlord have coverage for a tenant's belongings?
We hear this question a lot but the short answer is NO. Your landlord's policy protects his items like the refrigerator or furnace along with the actual structure itself. More than likely, the landlord's policy doesn't have any coverage if your items are damaged.